Teaching and Seminars
Firm lawyers have written and spoken on issues of concern to many professionals, including insurance professionals, lawyers, architects and engineers, as set out in the following papers, presentations or seminars, to various Construction and other industry groups.
- Crisis Management Bulletin: Construction Contracts and COVID-19
- By Andrew J. Heal, J.D., LL.M., Heal & Co. LLP
- Breach of Trust Claims – Current and Proposed Trust Provisons under the Construction Lien Act – by Andrew Heal, 2017
- A presentation by Andrew Heal on “Breach of Trust Claims: Current and Proposed Trust Provisions under the Construction Lien Act” – ACFI, Annual Conference, May 2, 2017
- A presentation by Andrew Heal on “Fraud Related Concerns in the Construction Industry” – ACFI Annual Conference, May 2, 2016.
- Case comment: Keenan v. Canac Kitchens Ltd. ONCA 79 – by Sia Moshiri, April 26, 2016
- Case Comment: RMC Building & Civil Engineering v. UK Construction Limited (2016) EWHC 241 (Technology and Construction Court) – by Andrew Heal, February 25, 2016
- A presentation by Damon Stoddard on “Building Liability – Procurement and Project Delays: Covering All the Bases” – The Canadian Institute 22nd Annual Conference on Provincial/Municipal Government Liability, January 28, 2016
- Choose your poison in contracts wisely – Lindsey Cole of the Daily Commercial News referencing Catherine DiMarco’s presentation at the CCA Vertical Building Forum.
- Iona Contractors Ltd. v Guarantee Company of North America 2015 ABCA 240” – by Andrew Heal, September 21, 2015
- Andrew Heal, Catherine DiMarco and Damon Stoddard presented a 3-part seminar on Claims Avoidance, Delay and Impact Claims, and Managing Construction Claims to the Grand Valley Construction Association