Teaching and Seminars
Firm lawyers have written and spoken on issues of concern to many professionals, including insurance professionals, lawyers, architects and engineers, as set out in the following papers, presentations or seminars, to various Construction and other industry groups.
- “A Panel Presentation with Alison Orr P. Eng., “Recognizing Risk and Reducing Liability for Municipal Building Departments” at the Durham Municipal Insurance Pool Seminar, Durham Region, February 27, 2013
- Contractor’s Liability to Third Parties: An Indeterminate Liability to An Indeterminate Class?”, Ontario Bar Association February 2013 Institute – “Hot Topics, Tips and Tactics to Build your Construction Law Toolkit”, February 7, 2013
- Conference Chair and Panel Presentation with Demir Delen P. Eng. and Larry Ptashynski, Manager of Inspections for the City of Vaughan, “Negligent Building Inspection Claims” at the Canadian Institute, 19th Annual Municipal and Provincial Liability Conference, Toronto February 5, 2013
- Acting as a Moot Supervisor for the University of Toronto Law School Upper Year Moot Program, February 5, 2013
- “How the New Summary Judgment Regime Can be Applied in Construction Lien Cases” at the Law Society of Upper Canada, Practice Gem Series 2013 – Construction Lien Essentials, January 23, 2013